HOURS OF OPERATION
- The USS IOWA is open every day, except Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 1000 to 1700 (10:00 AM to 5:00 PM) with the last ticket sold at 1600 hours (4:00 PM).
- You can purchase tickets here or at the box office at the prices below. The USS IOWA accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Discover cards.
- General Admission Adult (Ages 18-61) $18.00
- General Admission Youth (Ages 6-17) $10.00
- General Admission Seniors (Ages 62+) $15.00
- Gen Admission Active/Ret/Reserve Military (w/ID) $15.00
WHAT WILL YOU SEE?
- Celebrate the American Spirit at the Battleship IOWA family naval museum - the West Coast’s only Battleship open to the public and the 2013 winner of the SSHSA museum ship of the year. Considered one of the “Best Cool Exhibits to See with Your Kids”, your tour takes you on a journey through World War II, the Korean War, and the Cold War to experience the life of a sailor on the lead ship of the last class of gunships. Walk the wood decks of a battleship, hear stories from our tour guides, and see areas such as the 16” guns, 5” guns, missile decks, bridge, mess areas, and the world famous Captain’s Cabin - with the only bathtub installed on a battleship for a President. Known as “The Battleship of Presidents”, IOWA has hosted three Presidents - Franklin D. Roosevelt, Ronald Reagan, and George H.W. Bush - and numerous dignitaries during almost 70 years of service. Battleship IOWA is located at the L.A. Waterfront, former home to the US Navy Battleship fleet prior to World War II and an area rich in maritime history. Click here for more information.
HOW TO GET HERE
- The USS IOWA is located at Berth 87 at the Port of Los Angeles.
- Click here for maps and detailed directions.
- Visitors to the USS IOWA can park in the Port of Los Angeles lot adjacent to the ship. The lot is accessible from 1st Street & Harbor Boulevard and the charge is $1.00 per hour.
- USS IOWA is not currently ADA accessible. However, accessibility for disabled guests will be improved over the next year.
- There are many obstacles on the ship such as uneven decking, high door frames and many sets of stairs that are safety hazards. For that reason, no wheelchairs are allowed aboard the ship and those using canes and walkers should use extra caution.
- Visiting the USS IOWA can be a very rewarding family experience and children are welcomed on board!
- Children love Victory the dog scavenger hunt and is available at no additional cost at the beginning of your tour.
- Parents must supervise their children at all times.
- Strollers are not allowed on board the IOWA. For small children, the use of a front carrier (Baby Bjorn-type carrier) is suggested. There are several stairs and obstacles on the tour. Children may not be carried up stairs unless they are in a front-facing carrier. If they are not in a carrier and cannot climb the stairs safely on their own, then the child and a guardian must remain on the main deck of the ship.