Stocks & Bonds
Donating appreciated securities, including stocks or bonds, is an easy and tax-effective way for you to make a gift to the Pacific Battleship Center.
Benefits of gifts of stocks and bonds
- Avoid paying capital gains tax on the sale of appreciated stock
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction
- Further our mission today
How to make a gift of stocks and bonds
- Electronic Transfer – Please contact us for instructions on how to you can transfer stock or bonds from your investment account to the Pacific Battleship Center.
- Certified Mail – If you hold securities in certificate form, you will need to mail two envelopes separately to complete your gift. In the first envelope, place the unsigned stock certificate(s). In the other envelope, include a signed stock power for each certificate. You may obtain this power from your broker or bank. Please remember to use certified mail.
There are special rules for valuing a gift of stock. The value of a charitable gift of stock is determined by taking the mean between the high and low stock price on the date of the gift. Mutual fund shares are valued using the closing price for the fund on the date of the gift.
John Paul Jones Legacy Society Benefits
Reduce or Eliminate Taxes
Reduce or Avoid Probate Fees
Leave a Legacy
Receive Benefits Today
We're Here to Help!
- Have questions about the John Paul Jones Legacy Society.
- Interested in connecting with an advisor for further information.
Name Us As Your Beneficiary
Pacific Battleship Center
250 S. Harbor Blvd.
San Pedro, CA 90731
Contact: Jonathan Williams, President & CEO
501c3 Non-Profit Tax ID: 26-3934742
Inform us of your intent to particpate to receive benefits today including your exclusive John Paul Jones Legacy Society wall certificate, wallet card, challenge coin, and special invites to Legacy Society events.
Phone: 877-446-9261 ext. 747
Phone: 877-446-9261 ext. 723
* The content found on this site is general in nature and intended to be used for informational purposes only. It should not be relied upon as legal, tax, accounting or other professional advice. To determine how a gift or estate planning decision might affect your particular circumstances, it is expressly recommended that you consult an attorney, financial advisor or other qualified professional.
** Exclusive wall certificate, wallet card, and challenge coins are planned to be available in late 2022 or early 2023. In order to send these special mementos, we need to have a Commitment form on file.