In-Person Tours &
Battleship USS IOWA served our country proudly in WWII, Korea, and the Cold War. Today, this historic U.S. Navy ship is an iconic Los Angeles landmark and considered one of the region’s best outdoor museums for families and visitors of all ages.
Follow in the footsteps of sailors and our mischievous mascot Vicky the Dog to experience first hand why she is known as the “Battleship of Presidents,” “The Grey Ghost,” and “The Big Stick.” Add-on a behind-the-scenes guided tour to explore areas off-limits to the public and hear first hand accounts of service, commitment, and bravery. You and your family will make lasting memories during your visit to Battleship USS IOWA.
- Open daily starting at 10am with last tickets sold at 4pm. We are closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Self-Guided and Guided Tour options available. Book in advance for the best selection.
- Shop and find treasures in Battleship IOWA store. Unique items from the ship available!
- Enjoy a hot dog, beverage, and a waterfront view at Vicky’s Doghouse Cafe, the world’s only gourmet hot dog cafe aboard a Battleship.
Your visit and/or donation supports education, veterans, and community programs at Battleship USS IOWA Museum – a 501c3 non-profit organization. Open daily for museum tours starting at 10am. Ticket sales end at 4pm and the ship closes at 5pm. Overnight programs, event rentals, and filming available daily.
Virtual Tours, Programs,
“My ten year-old son is enamored with battleships. As parents we try to feed him as much content as we can surrounding battleships and their history. My son thoroughly enjoyed the virtual tour we recently purchased of the Battleship IOWA. We just wish other ships offered the same type of thing. Thank you!” – Virtual Tour Guest, Upstate New York
Experience America’s namesake of the last class of Battleship’s, USS Iowa and the Surface Navy she served in. Now you can enjoy the tour in the comfort of your own home! Don’t forget to visit in-person when you are in Los Angeles!
- Virtual 360-degree tour
- Virtual Guided Tour – Great for Groups, Seniors, Students, and more! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and options.
- Virtual Exhibits. National Battleship Registry, Surface Navy Heroes, Vicky the Dog, Battleship of Presidents, Artifact Gallery.
- Learn the history of the Battleship USS Iowa.
- Read our latest news and updates.
- Listen to our “Scuttlebutt” Podcast.
- Watch our YouTube videos.
Join us on the journey to learn about history and experience the museum of today. You can learn more about our next phase by visiting the National Museum of the Surface Navy.
Education is one of three core pillars of programs that we offer at the Battleship IOWA in Los Angeles. All our programs are fundamental in inspiring curiosity in the eager learners of today and the leaders of the future. We offer several opportunities to learn including day and overnight programs.
- In-Person Field Trips including STEAM at Sea, LAUSD Day of Discovery, and History Field Trips.
- Camp Battleship Youth Encampment Overnight Program.
- Virtual Learning, Field Trips, and Tours.
- STEM Adventure Summer Camp.
To learn more, book a program or visit, or have questions, please contact email@example.com or 877-446-9261 ext. 706.