- This event has passed.
Veterans Day Events at Battleship IOWA
November 11 @ 12:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Please join us Saturday, November 11 as Battleship IOWA offers a day full of events to celebrate our veterans.
- 11:00 AM: Ringing of the ship’s bell to signify the passing of the watch from the WWII generation to the next
- 1:00 PM: American Legion Post 61 leads a flag retirement ceremony on our fantail that will include four WWII veterans
- 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Food and fun for the whole family on the pier with a beer garden, bounce house obstacle course and race track, vehicles on display, and more
- 5:00 PM: Steel Beach Cigar Social (see below)
Come aboard Battleship IOWA to enjoy an evening of socializing, cigars, and your favorite refreshments. Cigars for Vets benefits Veterans West, our military and veteran affairs department. All proceeds support the critical resources and programs that our team provides to 20,000 members of the military community each year.
Event will take place on the fantail of Battleship IOWA.
Enter the ship via the aft gangway (near the security guard shack).
But wait – there’s more! We’re also holding a silent auction. Bid on fantastic adventures and exclusive opportunities like a full, private tour of the ship and a ride on the Goodyear Blimp.
Check out all our items by clicking the button below.
Please park in the lot adjacent to Battleship IOWA. Parking is free for the first hour, then $2.00 for every subsequent hour.
Note: Cruise ship traffic may reduce the number of spots available. If the lot is full, alternative parking locations include:
- Maritime Museum lot (6th & Harbor, paid)
- 5th & Mesa St.
- Harbor Blvd across from the ship
- Topaz Building (between 5th & 6th St, paid)