En Route to Newfoundland and the North Atlantic for her first war patrol. The assignment called the “Tirpitz Watch” (a German battleship) contributed to the neutralization of the threat presented by that warship then poised in Norwegian waters.
Back to Press »
- Pacific Battleship Center Launches New Website For Battleship IOWA Museum April 25, 2018
- All Aboard the USS IOWA January 18, 2018
- Explore some of LA’s popular veteran-owned businesses November 12, 2017
- 11 Must-Visit Museums in California by Culture Trip October 28, 2017
- 5th Anniversary Celebration Battleship Iowa Museum July 6, 2017