A Vietnam era UH-IH Huey helicopter landed on Iowa’s refurbished aft flight deck. The landing took place on the last day the ship was open to the public before being towed to her permanent home in San Pedro, CA. This was the first helicopter landing on the ship since 1989. The helicopter is called the 309 and is owned / operated by EMU, Inc.
Back to Press »
- Pacific Battleship Center Launches New Website For Battleship IOWA Museum April 25, 2018
- All Aboard the USS IOWA January 18, 2018
- Explore some of LA’s popular veteran-owned businesses November 12, 2017
- 11 Must-Visit Museums in California by Culture Trip October 28, 2017
- 5th Anniversary Celebration Battleship Iowa Museum July 6, 2017