Battleship IOWA is the VPAN program provider for L.A. County Department of Mental Health within L.A. County Supervisorial District 4. For more information on the program, please visit https://dmh.lacounty.gov/veterans/.
Led by veterans for veterans, VPAN helps you navigate often complicated systems so that you receive the services you deserve.
The first-ever community-driven support network serving veterans and their families in the U.S., the Veteran Peer Access Network (VPAN) connects County departments, non-profits, the VA and LA City programs.
The network embodies the #YouMatter ideal – that veterans deserve hope, well-being and a greater quality of life as valued members of the LA County community.
Resources available include:
- Mental Health – Treatment for trauma from combat exposure, military sexual trauma, relationship and intimacy issues
- Substance Misuse Support – Treatment for substance use disorders, including misuse of alcohol, prescription medication and other drugs
- Housing – Temporary and permanent housing for veterans and their families, help locating housing
- Workforce Development and Employment – Help with developing interview skills, resume creation, job coaching, plus volunteer and job opportunities
- Healthcare – Enrollment into VA healthcare, transportation to appointments, ensuring access to prescription medications
- Education – Support with school enrollment, vocational training, tuition assistance
- Miscellaneous – Food, childcare, transportation, financial assistance and more
- Legal Services – Help with eviction prevention, discharge upgrade, applying for VA benefits, etc.
- Social Connection/Recreation – Opportunities to connect with other veterans in a variety of settings
Veteran and Military Support Line – Having difficulty associated with COVID-19 or just need someone to talk to who can relate to what you’re going through? The Veteran and Military Support Line – with supports and resources for veterans, military members and their families – is here for you. Call (800) 854-7771, ext. 3, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
If you are interested in getting connected to resources yourself, please fill out the VPAN Assistance Request form. If you are interested in getting someone else connected to resources, please fill out the VPAN Referral Form. Additionally, anyone may call the Help Line at 800-854-7771 (*3 for Veteran and Military Support Line) to either request resources for yourself or for someone else. (Interested in volunteering for the Veteran and Military Support Line? Please fill out this questionnaire.)
Peer Support Specialist Richard D, will be hosting this meeting each Wednesday:
WEEKLY A.A. MEETING
ONBOARD THE USS BATTLESHIP IOWA
7:30 PM to 8:45 PM
Meet the Team
Program Manager – Jess, MA, APCC (ARMY)
Service Coordinator – Verenise (Military family member)
Peer Support Supervisor – Richard (ARMY)
Peer Support Supervisor – Matt (USMC)
Peer Support Specialist – Alfredo (USMC)
Peer Support Specialist – Bryan (USMC)
Peer Support Specialist – Yvette (Military family member)
Peer Support Specialist – Manny (NAVY)
Peer Support Specialist – Kelsey (ARMY)
Housing Coordinator – Bryan (USMC)
The Battleship IOWA is in District 4. Other districts include:
- District 1: Job. Vision. Success (JVS)
- District 2: Volunteers of America (VOA)
- District 3: Goodwill Southern California
- District 5: Job. Vision. Success (JVS)
Get HelpBy completing the form below, you’ll be entered into our secure, coordinated network of community resources, powered by Unite Us, that is available to help. A specialist will contact you after you submit the form.
Veterans West/The Rally Point at Battleship IOWA
National Museum of the Surface Navy
250 S. Harbor Blvd.
San Pedro, CA 90731
Phone: 1.888.MIL.VETS (645-8387)
(community access points)
Century Villages at Cabrillo
2001 River Ave, Long Beach
11121 Brookshire Ave, Downey
VA Long Beach
5901 E. 7th St, Long Beach
East LA Vet Center
5430 East Olympic Blvd, Commerce
Phone: 1.800.854.7771, PRESS *3
Please direct media queries to