The second half of our conversation with Dave Way (Battleship IOWA historian and curator) and Jim Kurrasch centers on “Artifact Number 1” – which is the ship itself.
When you have a ship that has served during three different eras, what ethos do you choose when deciding how to preserve it? How do you keep it relevant and interesting to future generations?
Find out what we did in the beginning and where we’re going now.
* * * *
– Support the ship? https://pacificbattleship.com/donate/donate-online
– Come aboard for a tour? https://pacificbattleship.com/museum_visit
– Volunteer with us? https://pacificbattleship.com/get-involved/volunteer
You can also
– Contribute to our transition to become the National Museum of the Surface Navy https://www.surfacenavymuseum.org/donate
– Become a Plank Owner for the national museum (it’s free!) https://www.surfacenavymuseum.org/plank_owner
Feedback? Questions? Comments?