Naval Weapons Station Seal Beach lies on the Southern California coast between Long Beach and Huntington Beach.
Dating back to 1944, this 5,000 acre complex features 230 buildings, 128 ammunition depots, a wharf for loading and off-loading ships, a 900 acre salt marsh wildlife refuge, and all sorts of things that go ‘boom!’
In this podcast we get an insider’s glimpse into the only full-service weapons station on the west coast from Lt. Adam Tellez and MNC (Mineman Chief) Brian Chickering. And we manage to refrain – mostly – from dropping too many mine puns.
* * * *
– Support the ship? https://pacificbattleship.com/donate/donate-online
– Come aboard for a tour? https://pacificbattleship.com/museum_visit
– Volunteer with us? https://pacificbattleship.com/get-involved/volunteer
You can also
– Contribute to our transition to become the National Museum of the Surface Navy https://www.surfacenavymuseum.org/donate
– Become a Plank Owner for the national museum (it’s free!) https://www.surfacenavymuseum.org/plank_owner