This week’s guest is Dale A. Jenkins, author of the soon-to-be-released book Diplomats And Admirals. With a background in foreign relations, this former “tin can” sailor has taken a fascinating look into the complicated relationships and poor advice that shaped United States involvement in World War II during the year between the Pearl Harbor attack and the Battle of Midway.
This episode starts at the early days of the war in the Pacific and morphs into an intriguing discussion on how the geo-political ramifications of the war still affect the world today – most noticeably in dealings with nations like China and Russia.
* * * *
– Support the ship? https://pacificbattleship.com/donate/donate-online
– Come aboard for a tour? https://pacificbattleship.com/museum_visit
– Volunteer with us? https://pacificbattleship.com/get-involved/volunteer
You can also
– Contribute to our transition to become the National Museum of the Surface Navy https://www.surfacenavymuseum.org/donate
– Become a Plank Owner for the national museum (it’s free!) https://www.surfacenavymuseum.org/plank_owner