Battleship IOWA volunteers Dave Badgett and Kent Coble are retired fire chiefs – Dave finished his career as an assistant chief in charge of training with LA City Fire Department, Kent as a battalion/division chief for Santa Monica Fire Department.
Dave was also a task force leader for LA City Fire’s FEMA Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) team. On 9/11/01 he got the call to deploy even before the second plane hit the south tower of the World Trade Center and was on scene in New York hours after the buildings collapsed.
As we approach the 21st anniversary of this world-altering event, he and Kent were gracious enough to give us first responders’ perspectives on it, and to share some silver linings born out of the tragedy.
* * * *
– Support the ship? https://pacificbattleship.com/donate/donate-online
– Come aboard for a tour? https://pacificbattleship.com/museum_visit
– Volunteer with us? https://pacificbattleship.com/get-involved/volunteer
You can also
– Contribute to our transition to become the National Museum of the Surface Navy https://www.surfacenavymuseum.org/donate
– Become a Plank Owner for the national museum (it’s free!) https://www.surfacenavymuseum.org/plank_owner
Feedback? Questions? Comments?