Battleship IOWA is home to thousands of artifacts. From the ship herself to a chair from NAGATO – the last Japanese battleship, from physical objects to digital images, all of these artifacts must be cataloged and stored.
Dave Way is the ship’s historian and curator, and ten-year volunteer Jim Kurrasch is his “hands and feet.” These two are the core of the team that minds our collection. They are walking encyclopedias who can spout amazing episodes from the ship’s storied past at will.
Join us for a fascinating discussion that includes the stories behind a few of the lesser-known but still intriguing items entrusted to our care.
* * * *
– Support the ship? https://pacificbattleship.com/donate/donate-online
– Come aboard for a tour? https://pacificbattleship.com/museum_visit
– Volunteer with us? https://pacificbattleship.com/get-involved/volunteer
You can also
– Contribute to our transition to become the National Museum of the Surface Navy https://www.surfacenavymuseum.org/donate
– Become a Plank Owner for the national museum (it’s free!) https://www.surfacenavymuseum.org/plank_owner
Feedback? Questions? Comments?