VJ Alcomindras is a battleship kid. He’s been working on Iowa Class BBs since he was 16.
He started as the youngest tour guide ever hired (at that point) by our sister ship, USS Missouri, joined Battleship IOWA in 2015, and was recently promoted to Guest Services Manager.
In this podcast we get to know him – from growing up on Oahu to college in California – and learn how he’s turned a part-time job that appealed to the WWII history-lover in him into a permanent career he loves.
We also get a preview of our new ESCAPE THE MOTHBALL FLEET tour, which, if we do say so ourselves, is pretty much a blast and you should come check it out.
* * * *
– Support the ship? https://pacificbattleship.com/donate/donate-online
– Come aboard for a tour? https://pacificbattleship.com/museum_visit
– Volunteer with us? https://pacificbattleship.com/get-involved/volunteer
You can also
– Contribute to our transition to become the National Museum of the Surface Navy https://www.surfacenavymuseum.org/donate
– Become a Plank Owner for the national museum (it’s free!) https://www.surfacenavymuseum.org/plank_owner
Feedback? Questions? Comments?