Select Page

First Major Overhaul

In drydock until March 19, 1945. This was the first major overhaul since leaving the East Coast. Bridge area was enclosed. New search and fire control radar installed.

Site developed by Wicked Code, Inc. and funded by The Edward E. & Marie L. Matthews Foundation •  Photos by Rick Stipa Photography
Other photos - US Navy Archives and National Archives

Board & Crew Portal